Author: Nobuhiko Sato
Nobuhiko SATO undertakes translation/writing/news reporting/interviews on IT related topics on a freelance basis.
He worked for Canon from 1989, developing LBP/MFP firmware and then became a translator when he translated books “Palm Programming” and “Palm OS Programming” (both O’Reilly Media) into Japanese in 1999.
He translated as well as wrote articles on IT related news from abroad for various IT media. After working as a fulltime editor/reporter specialized in IT from 2011 to 2015, he returned to freelancing and has since been translating/writing/reporting for media including CNET Japan, BuzzFeed Japan, and Beyond.
He loves cats, playing the guitar, and the Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Author’s Article List
- Tour guides by robots and virtual characters
- From Humanoid to Animaloid: The Rise of Diversity in Robots
- The Sharing Economy Gaining Attention in Japan
- Engineers Required for Japan’s 2020 5G Service Launch
- The AI Boom is Apparent in Patent Applications
- Useful Interpreter Apps & Translation Gadgets in Japan
- Introducing Japan’s Space Program: Praised by Queen’s Brian May – The Asteroid Explorer Hayabusa2
- Speeds of 320km/h are easily experienced on the Shinkansen – By 2027 Maglev trains will run at 500km/h!
- Helping the Disabled Live an Active Life with Robots & Exoskeletons
- Ubiquitous on Japan’s Streets, Hi-Tech Vending Machines Double as Wi-Fi Hotspots and are Operable with Smartphones
- “I’d like to buy one and take it home”: The charm of Japanese toilets
- A Japanese scientist won the Nobel Prize for developing the lithium-ion battery. Who are the previous winners?
- Convenient electronic money cards Felica/Suica: Two cashless payment systems spreading in Japan
- Japan’s manufacturers dominate the world’s top 3 ranking of ultrafast elevators with maximum speeds of 1260m/min!