Author: Steven Ritchie
Steven has been studying, teaching and now translating and writing, while moving back and forth between Japan and his native Scotland since 1999.
He enjoys a game of badminton, hiking in the mountains, travelling and finding out about Japanese life and culture in the process.
Author’s Article List
- Japanese convenience stores: the ultimate in “benri’!
- Tosenkyo Gorge: Kagoshima prefecture at its refreshing best
- Relaxing in Tokyo
- Japanese business etiquette and non-verbal communication
- East and West: Differences between the Kanto and Kansai regions
- Revitalize all-year round in Japan’s hot spring spas and resorts
- Kawagoe and “Little Edo”
- Kinugawa hot springs & Nikko
- What Japanese language courses don’t teach you! A literal look at some common Japanese greetings
- A beginner’s guide to sushi
- Japan’s Ninja: separating the myth from the reality
- Okinawa: Naha, Shuri, Nanjo and Zamami
- Savouring TOFU in a myriad of ways
- How to make learning Japanese easier, rather than harder
- Tips on Sorting Your Trash in Japan
- How Japanese leaves out the subject in conversation
- Seaweed, the superfood of Japan
- Living and Expenses in Tokyo